Saturday, December 01, 2018

Pinoy on a work trip - Enjoyable flight experience on Lufthansa

Lufthansa - Seats bwI was asked to travel for work once again but this time to our U.K. office. I flew on Lufthansa and it was an awesome experience.

Let me take you on a virtual tour what is inside a Lufthansa flight with all the comfort of a business class cabin.


For this trip, I was flying to London via Frankfurt on an Airbus 380 aircraft on business class. The configuration of this plane has six seats per row. I was able to book a seat in the middle section so that I have access to the aisle anytime without bothering my seatmate or my vice versa.
Lufthansa - Seats

I noticed the seats in their business class is wider than the other airlines and it seemed to have longer leg room than most. The seats lay flat which is great for sleeping or resting. When sleeping, the feet rest a little towards the side so you lay flat at an angle.
Lufthansa - Business class rows

Lufthansa has great selections of movies but I was more interested in reading my book during the flight. I did enjoy their in-flight music selection and that kept me company during the eleven hour plus airplane ride to Frankfurt. It was also a great way to try out new music.
Lufthansa - Entertainment

Warm nuts for snacks as soon as we reached the required cruising altitude. I opted for water since I've already had alcohol at the Polaris lounge while waiting for the flight (Lufthansa shares the lounge with United Airlines in SFO).
Lufthansa - Nuts

They were serving a 2014 Medoc by Chateau Loirac and a 2014 Cape Cuvee. They let me sample both wines. Thank you Lufthansa crews!
Lufthansa - Wine Medoc Lufthansa - Wine South Africa

For the appetizer, I opted for the shrimp cocktail with cucumber and micro greens.
Lufthansa - Dinner appetizers

For the main dish, I chose the brioche and herb crusted salmon. Both the appetizers and the main dish went so well with both wines.
Lufthansa - Dinner main

For dessert, I decided to get their papaya and mango with chile and lime spice.
Lufthansa - Dinner dessert

For breakfast, they were serving muesli with fruits and scrambled eggs on the side. I must say that I was very happy with the selection of dishes at Lufthansa.
Lufthansa - Breakfast

For the freebie, at the time of my flight, they were giving this Bree bag which contained toiletries. The bag may be reused as a hand held device holder.
Lufthansa - Bree toiletry kit

Here are the contents of the goodie bag.
Lufthansa - Bree toiletry kit items

Overall, the flight may not have a lot of frills compared to the other airlines. However, comfort is my number one criteria and the flight was very comfortable. I was able to sleep like a baby, ate really tasty meals, and the crews ultra friendly and helpful. Because of that, I'd rate them five stars.

Thanks Lufthansa!

No comments: