Saturday, November 16, 2019

Pinoy on a work trip - Enjoyable experience at Singapore Airlines' Silver Kris lounge

Silver Kris Lounge - Entrance bwIt was my first time to be at Singapore Airlines' Silver Kris lounge at Changi International and I had a relaxing and an enjoyable time.

Let me take you on a virtual tour of the business class lounge.



I was flying from Bangalore to Singapore on four hour flight. The layover in Singapore was for eleven hours before my next flight to go back home to San Francisco.
Silver Kris Lounge - First class

[read my layover in SG blog, December 2019]

There are two entrances: one for the First Class passengers and, unfortunately, that wasn't me; and another one for Business Class passengers and , fortunately, that was me. I followed the second sign.
Silver Kris Lounge - Business Class sign

This was my first glimpse of the lounge. I had planned on meeting a couple of friends back in highschool who now live in Singapore so I needed to freshen up before the meetup. Thankfully, the Silver Kris lounge at Changi International airport has the right amenities to let me do that.
Silver Kris Lounge - Dining area more

Here's a pano shot of what the washrooms with showers look like at the lounge.
Silver Kris Lounge - Wash room

It has soap, shampoo, towels, shaving creme, comb and other bath necessities.
Silver Kris Lounge - Wash room toiletries

After the relaxing shower, I headed back to the buffet area to get coffee and something light since I was going to have a lunch meet-up with friends from high school.
Silver Kris Lounge - Buffet

The buffet area was serving breakfast and it was already busy with other passengers getting something to eat.
Silver Kris Lounge - Dining area

I decided to get the bite sized pancakes from the self serve pan cake maker, a croissant and egg. I figured this should be enough food to last me a couple of hours before my lunch meetup with friends from high school. I was thinking to do a tour of the lounge later that day before my flight back to SF.
Silver Kris Lounge - Breakfast


After my lunch meetup that went for many hours, I had to get back to the airport just in time for my 6:30pm flight back to SF. I had just the right amount of time to head back to the lounge and check it out since I was not able to do it earlier that day. I started to survey first the wines. The great thing about lounges is that I get to sample the wines as if I was at a winery. I sampled all the red and they're all good wines!
 Silver Kris Lounge - Red wine Silver Kris Lounge - White wine

The next thing I surveyed was a section in the buffet called the Malay Kitchen.
Silver Kris Lounge - Malay kitchen soup

I didn't want to eat a lot so I decided to try a dish called Sambal Soto and it was so tasty!
Silver Kris Lounge - Malay kitchen soup dish

I also sampled each dish from the Malay Kitchen. I only took sample servings since I know they will feed us a lot of food at the flight later on. These dishes are so good!
Silver Kris Lounge - Malay kitchen chicken

Just like the wines, I took this opportunity to try out these special teas from TWG. This time, I was sampling each tea as if I was at a tea house. TWG teas are truly great quality teas!
Silver Kris Lounge - Hot tea

I opted for these sweet longans for dessert. There are so many foods I could have tried but my time was limited.
Silver Kris Lounge - Dessert longan

They have an excellent selection of magazines. They also have a rack of equally excellent selection of newspapers on another shelf.
Silver Kris Lounge - Magazines

The lounge has a variety of different chairs suited for different purposes. It looks like this one is well suited for a group setting.
Silver Kris Lounge - Seating area group

While the other seat configuration are suited families and couples.
Silver Kris Lounge - Seating area more

 Sometimes it comes with a view of the terminal. At this point, I was thinking that this lounge is impressive and it was designed with the passengers' comfort in mind and also to make them feel special.
Silver Kris Lounge - Seating area view

I was making mental notes that I need to rediscover this lounge the next time I get a chance to travel via Singapore Airlines.
Silver Kris Lounge - Seating area

  I hope that I get to travel again via Singapore Airlines and when I do, I'll try my best to check out the lounge even more.
Silver Kris Lounge - Entrance

Nevertheless, I enjoyed and was fully satisfied with what I experienced at the Silver Kris lounge. It was truly a five star experience!

~rl

No comments: