Monday, November 21, 2016

Pinoy on a work trip - The A380 Emirates flight experience

Emirates - Welcome aboard bwI was on a 16 hour non-stop flight to Dubai aboard Emirate's A380. It was my first time flying on a A380 and it was an awesome experience.

Let me take you on a virtual tour what is inside an Emirates flight on an A380 aircraft with all the comfort of a business class cabin.


I was flying to Bangalore from San Francisco via Emirates on a work trip. There was a stop over in Dubai for a few hours before I boarded on another flight to Bangalore.  The flight from San Francisco to Dubai was around sixteen hours so I was thankful to have flown on Emirates' business class.
I was told that the First and Business class cabins are all on the upper deck of the A380. The window seats are configured for privacy so that no one is seating next to another passenger. The middle seats are setup side by side which is perfect for couples or passengers who want to seat next to each other. I think all of the business class seats have access to the aisle so no one will bother or be bothered by a seat mate when going to the lavatories.
Emirates - Business class seat

Emirates' entertainment system is called ICE which is an abbreviation for Information, Communication and Entertainment. They have a huge collection of movies, TV programs and games which is viewed through this big personal screen and controlled by a handheld personal device.
Emirates - ICE

It comes with a noise cancelling headset which is retrieved by the flight attendants at the conclusion of the trip.
Emirates - Noise canceling headphone

The cabin also comes with a personal mini bar. The wood paneling also gave the entire business class section a sophisticated look. It also made the interior look bright.
Emirates - Personal mini-bar

The seat can be setup to a flat configuration for sleeping. The feet rest are directly under the tv monitor so you sleep straight and not at an angle like in other airlines. The bed sheets, the comforter and the pillow are all bundled together placed near the foot rest.
Emirates - Seat controls

They have areas to place small items like sling bags or shoes.
Emirates - Stow small bag

At the time I flew, the flight came in with this Bulgari toiletry bag containing a collection of travel sized Bulgari colognes, travel sized toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, socks, eye mask, etc. That was for male passengers. I think there was another style for female passengers. I love freebies so this made me extra happy.
Emirates - Toiletries

Here's the welcome champagne drink. I only had a couple of sips because sparkling wines give me a terrible hangover.
Emirates - Welcome drink

As soon as we reached the required cruising altitude, they served these warm nuts which went well with a glass of apple juice with ice.
Emirates - Nuts

Afterwards, they started serving dinner. They were serving this full bodied 2007 Saint-Emilion Grand Cru by Chateau La Marzelle. I loved this blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.
Emirates - Wine

For appetizers, I chose their Arabic Mezze with cucumber and tomato salad and bread. I noticed that the serving was pretty generous. This was big enough to make me full.
Emirates - Dinner arabic mezze

Wait, there was more. For the main dinner, I chose their Seafood Machbous. Very tasty and it went very well with their Medoc Grand cru wine.
Emirates - Dinner seafood machbous

For dessert, I sampled their Hedgerow berry torte. This was extra special.
Emirates - Dinner hedgerow berry torte

Not that I was still hungry after that sumptuous dinner, I went to check out the Emirates bar at the back of the upper deck. They serve alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages and select savory and sweet snacks to pair with the drinks. This is a great place to stretch, unwind or socialize with fellow passengers. This is another feature that sets this airline apart from the rest.
Emirates - Bar

For breakfast, I chose their very tasty frenchtoast with select fruits, croissant and coffee. That was delicious!
Emirates - Breakfast french toast

I also forgot to mention that the window blinds can be controlled by these power buttons.
Emirates - Power windows

After the sixteen hour flight, I reached the first leg of the trip which was Dubai. I had a couple of hours before my next flight so I went straight to the Emirates Business class lounge.
Emirates - DXB lounge

The lounge has created a relaxing environment to wait for your flight. The lounge has facilities for taking showers and the wash rooms are fully stocked with toiletries including soaps, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, razors, etc.
Emirates - DXB lounge seating

The lounge is big with lots of seating areas it made it look like nobody was there. That is great interior design.
Emirates - DXB lounge lounging

I was still full from the breakfast during the flight so I only got a nonfat latte and a piece of croissant while browsing through one of their available magazines.
Emirates - DXB lounge dining

Another extra that was part of my Emirates flight was the free limo service. Even though I live less than fifteen minutes away from SFO, I still opted for this service just so that I experience it. I love it!
Emirates - Chauffeur

Since I love freebies, these plastic labels are a great addition. Their attention to detail is terrific!
Emirates - Tag

Emirates get a five stars from me not just because of the major features like seating, the bar, food and drinks and the lounges but also the little things like toiletry kits, labels and limo service. 

I truly had a wonderful time flying with Emirates!

~rl

No comments: