Sunday, January 19, 2020

Pinoy on a work trip - Enjoyable experience at United Club at LHR

LHR United Club - Entrance bwI had only been to the United Club Lounge at Heathrow International a couple of times because of work trips. Nevertheless, I had an enjoyable experience each time I went.

Let me take you on a virtual tour of the lounge.


The both times I was there, I was flying back home to San Francisco. It was a little before noon time the first time I was there. The lounge is big but it did not seem like that at first because the lounge was packed.  It was early in the morning the second time I was there and there were even more passengers enjoying the amenities.
LHR United Club - Seating areas


At the other lounges, I would try out the different types of seats available until I find one that I consider the most comfortable one. I was not able to do that at the United Club in Heathrow because there were not a lot of available seats each time I was there. I made a mental note that maybe the next time I travel for work to London I'll try leaving London in the afternoon and that time may not be as popular as the morning schedule.
LHR United Club - Seats


I tried checking out the washrooms and there was a long line as well. I decided to check out the selection of magazines and they have a good selection. I picked up a travel related magazine so I could have something else to read during my 10 hour flight back to SF.

Here's the bar. It was early in the morning when I took this photo and that is probably why there were only two passengers by the bar.
LHR United Club - Bar

They have a good selection of British style breakfast, beans, sausages, eggs, etc.
LHR United Club - Hot breakfast

They also have a good selection of healthy and light food like fruits and yogurt.
LHR United Club - Fruits yogurt

For those who does not want to eat a lot, they have a selection of cured meats and cheeses.
LHR United Club - Cured meats

And of course, coffee and tea.
LHR United Club - Coffee Illy

For my late morning flight, I chose a veggie sausage, a meat sausage, small pieces of ham and bacon and a bagel.
LHR United Club - Light breakfast

For my early morning flight, I had a full breakfast since I couldn't eat breakfast at the hotel at that time.
LHR United Club - Breakfast

I hope that I get to travel again for work to London via United Airlines and when I do, I'll try my best to check out more of the lounge's amenities.
LHR United Club - Entrance

 Nevertheless, I enjoyed and was fully satisfied with what I experienced at the United Club lounge. It was truly an enjoyable experience!

~rl

No comments: